Last updated March 30, 2020
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Fennick Studio Props (“company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us.
Table of Contents
- What information do we collect?
- How do we use your information?
- Will your information be shared with anyone?
- Do we use Google Maps?
- How do we handle your social logins?
- How long do we keep your information?
- How do we keep your information safe?
- Do we collect information from minors?
- What are your privacy rights?
- Do California residents have specific privacy rights?
- Do we make updates to this policy?
- How can you contact us about this privacy?
1. What information do we collect?
To download your personal data, visit your account.
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short:We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, contact information, passwords and security data, payment information, and social media login data.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at the Sites or Apps, expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Sites or Apps (such as posting comments on set lists or entering competitions, contests or giveaways) or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Sites, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Your Profile Data
You provide us with your profile data when you sign up, before you send Quote Requests, and on your Account → Edit Profile page.
We use your profile data to identify you when you submit availability check emails and Quote Requests. We need to know who you are, who you're working for, and how to contact you with our response. We CC you on these emails so you know exactly which information we're sharing.
Your Profile Photo
You provide this to us at sign-up or on your Account → Profile Photo page.
We display your profile photo in the upper right corner of our website to personalize your shopping experience. We also display it on our Dashboard to help our admins recognize you with customer support requests.
Your Email Preferences
You provide us with your email subscription preferences at sign-up and on your Account → Email Preferences.
We use these preferences to determine if we send you these types of emails.
The Geo Location of your IP address
When you visit our website, we use a third-party service to get the IP address of your device and approximate its location. This data includes latitude, longitude, city, state, postal code, and country. We can't and don't collect street address data.
We use your geo location to rank your search results; items closer to you will be ranked higher than items farther away. We also display this information on our Dashboard to our admins to assist with customer support.
On which website your account was registered
Propcart.com and its affiliate websites all share the same backend, so the website you signed up on is important for determining how your data is secured and partitioned for that website. This is saved under the "Vendor Name" field.
Admins can only access their own registered users to facilitate customer support requests.
If your account was created anonymously before registering
We collect user engagement data ("events") on our website visitors whether they are logged in or not. If they are not logged in, we create an "anonymous" user ID and save their engagement activity to this user ID. We store a cookie in the user's browser to identify this anonymous user across multiple sessions. When an anonymous user signs up, the "Is Anonymous?" value changes from true to false and "Was Anonymous?" is set to true.
We use User IDs to count and track user events on our website. All events like item views are counted once per user per item per day, so each visitor, even anonymous ones, need a user ID to prevent double counting. We also track how often anonymous users convert into registered users, which provides continuity with their event history during this process.
When your account was created
When you sign up, we log the date and time.
We use this for counting how many users sign up on our website per day, as well as sorting lists of users on our Dashboard for customer support.
We collect passwords and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Social Media Login Data.
We provide you with the option to register using your Facebook and Google account. If you choose to register in this way, we will collect the Information described in the section called "How do we handle your social logins" below.
We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), the security code associated with your payment instrument, and the postal code the credit card is registered to. All payment data is stored by our payment processor (Stripe, Inc.) and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly to respond to your questions.
Your favorite items, i.e. "favorites"
You add items to your Favorites List by clicking an item's heart button.
We provide this feature for you to conveniently save items that you may want to refer to in the future. We also show our admins which items are favorited in their Dashboard, but this is aggregated and displayed anonymously.
When you create a favorite, we log the date and time.
This helps us display your recent favorites on your homepage and order them in your Favorites list. It also helps our admins sort and analyze our website's event history.
Your Set Lists and the items added to them
You create set lists and add items to them by clicking on an item's "Add to Set List" button.
This feature allows you to save Set Lists for different projects to create mood boards and Quote Requests. You can also share your Set Lists by making them public, or via email, PDF downloads, or spreadsheet files.
Our admins cannot see your Set Lists, but they can see which items are added to Set Lists which are aggregated and displayed anonymously.
You can make a set list public or private. It’s private by default.
Making a set list public allows you to share it with other buyers who can then comment on each set list item.
When you create a Set List, we log the date and time.
This helps us display your recent Set Lists on your homepage and order them in your Set Lists list. It also helps our admins sort and analyze our website's event history.
Your Quote Requests and the items added to them
You create Quote Requests from Set Lists by clicking on the "Request Quote" button.
This feature allows you to request quotes from our vendors and view your Quote Request history. Our admins can view your Quote Requests in their Dashboard and the Quote Request emails sent to them.
When you create a Quote Request, we log the date and time.
This helps us order your Quote Requests in your Quote Requests list. You can also share your Quote Requests via email, PDF downloads, or spreadsheet files. It also helps our admins sort and analyze our website's event history.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
In Short:Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our Sites.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Sites. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Sites and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Sites, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
We try to minimize the data collected from our users while creating the friendliest possible shopping experience. Below is an explanation of each data type and how we collect and use it.
We save the "query" or keywords searched for in the search bar.
This helps us learn what users are searching for. We use this information to add keywords to our existing inventory, and to provide insight into the new inventory we list or acquire.
We also display your recent searches on your homepage and the search bar auto-suggest menu to make it easy for you to run that search again.
Hostname and URL Query Parameters
We collect the entire search state from the browser URL. This includes the website (hostname), search query, and any filters.
This gives us context for the search so we can see what filters are popular and refine our filter list.
We grab the vendor name from the website you're searching.
Because the Propcart platform has a shared backend, your data will be collected from each affiliate website you visit. Our admins can only access the search history of their own visitors, and this search history is displayed anonymously.
The number of hits or items that match the search query.
This helps us see how well our inventory keywords match user queries. We want to know which queries return zero search results, which helps us improve our keywords and new inventory items.
When you search, we log the date and time.
This helps us display your recent searches on your homepage and search bar auto-suggest menu. It also helps our admins sort and analyze our website's search history.
We record a variety of events or actions you take on our website. These events are tracked based on how you engage with our inventory, like if you view an item detail page, favorite an item, or click one of the share buttons.
On Propcart.com, we want to let our vendors know how and how often our visitors are engaging with their inventory. Since Propcart is essentially an advertising service, this kind of tracking is useful for showing our vendors we're providing them value for their dollar.
All events are associated with a specific inventory item, each of which has an item ID.
On both Propcart and our affiliate websites, we use this data to see what's popular, which helps us better curate our inventory.
Hostname and URL Query Parameters
We collect the entire search state from the browser URL. This includes the website (hostname), search query, and any filters.
This gives us context for the event so we can see what filters are popular and refine our filter list.
We grab the Vendor Name from the website you're shopping on.
All activity data is aggregated and displayed anonymously to our vendors, meaning our admins can't see who is doing what. This is first and foremost to maintain your privacy, but also because it's not actually needed to help us make business decisions.
When you create an event, we log the date and time.
This helps us display your recent views on your homepage. It also helps our admins sort and analyze our website's event history.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. You can find out more about this in our Cookies Policy.
Information collected from other sources
In Short:We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, social media platforms, and other outside sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (such as Facebook), as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information (your name, email, profile picture URL and any other information that you choose to make public); marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
2. How do we use your information?
In Short:We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Sites for a variety of business purposes described herein. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests ("Business Purposes"), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you ("Contractual"), with your consent ("Consent"), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations ("Legal Reasons"). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon processwith your Consent. If you choose to link your account with us to a third party account *(such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process. See the section below headed "How do we handle your social logins" for further information.
- To send you marketing and promotional communicationsfor Business Purposes. We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the "What are your privacy rights" below).
- To send administrative information to youfor Business Purposes and/or possibly for Contractual. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Fulfill and manage your ordersfor Contractual reasons. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Sites.
- To post testimonialswith your Consent. We post testimonials on our Sites that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Administer prize draws and competitionsfor our Business Purposes. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in competitions.
- Request Feedbackfor our Business Purposes. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Sites.
- To protect our Sitesfor Business Purposes. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Sites safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enable user-to-user communicationswith your Consent. We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user's consent.
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policiesfor Business Purposes and/or possibly for Contractual.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harmfor Legal Reasons. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes.We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Sites , products, services, marketing and your experience.
3. Will your information be shared with anyone?
In Short:We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with Laws.We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights.We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Sites , which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Sites over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers.We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Third-Party Advertisers.We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Sites. These companies may use information about your visits to our Website(s) and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Business Partners.We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- With your Consent.We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
- Other Users.When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, contributions or other content to the Sites ) or otherwise interact with public areas of the Sites , such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Sites in perpetuity. If you interact with other users of our Sites and register through a social network (such as Facebook), your contacts on the social network will see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our Sites, and view your profile.
5. Do we use Google Maps?
In Short:Yes, we use Google Maps for the purpose of providing better service.
By using our Maps API Implementation, you agree to be bound by Google’s Terms of Service. You agree to allow us to obtain or cache your location. You may revoke your consent at anytime.
6. How do we handle your social logins?
In Short:If you choose to register or log in to our websites using a social media account, we may have access to certain information about you.
Our Sites offer you the ability to register and login using your third party social media account details (like your Facebook or Twitter logins). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile Information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, e-mail address, friends list, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public.
7. How long do we keep your information?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
8. How do we keep your information safe?
In Short:We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Sites is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
9. Do we collect information from minors?
In Short:We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Sites , you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Sites. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us.
10. What are your privacy rights?
In Short:You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can log into your account settings and update your user account.
Opting out of email marketing:You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt-out, you may access your account settings and update preferences.
11. Do California residents have specific privacy rights?
In Short:Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Sites , you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Sites. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Sites , but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
12. Do we make updates to this policy?
In Short:Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
13. How can you contact us about this privacy?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) by email at email@example.com, by phone at (212) 688-6720, or by post to:
Attn: Data Protection Officer
Fennick Studio Props
1 Market St., Bldg. 7
Passaic, NJ 07055
If you have any further questions or comments about us or our policies, contact us, or reach us by phone at (212) 688-6720, or by post to:
Fennick Studio Props
1 Market St., Bldg. 7
Passaic, NJ 07055